GTB - Far Away [TEASER] GTB - Far Away [TEASER]

Its a bit sparse and I miss some sparkle in there (you know some stereo earcandy). Also it drags on for a little too long without changing for my liking. Maybe put some more effort into those cymbals they sound a bit dull. Also you could probably introduce a stronger melody with the style you're going for here.

all in all its ok but nothing too special 3/5

Final Fantasy 8 - Battle Final Fantasy 8 - Battle

Alright so at first i thought that muted rapid highhat was preety cool but after a while it starts really draging out and getting a little annoying. also you dont have enough dynamic variation in you drums and other sounds a lot of it sounds like you have it on fixed velocities which makes it sound pretty dead. also the swooshy lead with the longer attack time is not really my favorite. you could have used something that sounds more like the strings from the original. and everything sounds pretty standard midi tracky. so you could have put a little more life into everything imho.

so overall quite solid but you should work on your sound design skills. I hope i didnt upset you with my sort of critical review. happy music making! :)

PaulyBFromDa303 responds:

I'm happy to have a critical review like this. Honestly, others have said in the past that my music sounded dead and I never understood what that meant. So what you're saying is that more variety and velocity adjustments will make a big difference. I can see that . . . Paying attention to details.

Thank you so much for the review. Seriously. I think this is gonna help

What a Horrible Night... With Vocals... (Demo) What a Horrible Night... With Vocals... (Demo)

Overall I think this is a great Idea and you wrote a fitting text to the piece. But you could have used different instrumentation to underline your Vocals a bit more and spice everything up a little. the background track sounds like a low budget midi track. you might have intended it to sound this way but i would have prefered a little more "alive" instrumentation.

but I like the song and I like people singing on newgrounds so kudos to you!

mamaluigi1128 responds:

Thank you very much for the feedback, yeah it's a demo and I recorded my vocals over the track rather than mixing it in properly. My original intention for the track by itself without the vocals, was to simulate the feeling of listening to a live orchestra, which explains the placement of certain instruments in this track. The original instrumental track I recorded sounds almost entierely different without the vocals interfering. I referred to multiple charts and examples of how a live orchestra was actually setup, and based off those charts and variables within my workstation, I was able to fine tune it to where I was happy, and both channels of audio reached equilibrium. My other goal was also to somewhat replicate what the song would sound like on a cross between a PC Engine CD and a Sharp X68000, similar to how it was in Rondo of Blood (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IubwZbAiYyA)

I am currently working on improving it by reworking the song entirely, hopefully by next month I'll have something even better to show for it.

Untitled Untitled

gorgeous, I'm no visual artist but I think it would enhance the piece if you would put a bit more contour on everything so it looks a little sharper