Last Hope Last Hope

For me the sqare sounds you use to play the melody are to hectic and high pitched. Also the worbly bass sound you have choosen as your main bass doesn't really stand out to me, it's a little to soft. And your drums are just bland, the kit you worked with here reminded me too much of the FL Studio stock kit. I find it kind of boring.

There isn't a lot happening in your Intro which just consists of a kick buildup with your main theme. you could have fleshed it out a bit more with for example an edited version of your bass sound. Also I didn't like your main lead sound. Its frequency is just too piercing to my linking.

Nice Idea at 1:05 where you changed the main line a bit. it sounded interesting but still i dont particularly like the sound you choose.

Also both your Drops/refrains sound really really similar you should have mixed it up a bit and used some variation.

I'd suggest you work on your sounddesign and create/get some nicer drum sounds and then I would love to hear what you would create with that.

But I see a lot of people still like it. so good job on nailing that :)

2.5/5 Sorry for the tough score I hope you can get something out of my critique!

FirePowerX responds:

Thank you for the big review, i will try my best to do music and keep practicing, i really started producing last year and still its a start to practice and get good! I still really appricate your long review, thank you for it!

Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep) Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep)

I feel the birds are too loud/dont fit in sometimes. But this song is just beautifully made! :) Punchy drums and funky chords really go well together.

good job!

Oh My God What's Going On With My Mind ? Oh My God What's Going On With My Mind ?

Hi there,

This song could have been interesting, it just seems that you couldn't cover the technical side of things very well. The weird sounds that come in from time to time (like the pop and "wheeaw" at 0:37) don't fit very well with your soundscape. Try to use eq and compression as well as reverb and distortion to make everything fit a little nicer together. It just sounds like a sound collage to me. your distorted guitar sound sticks out so much its very hard to listen to. I think you wanted to get a glichy feeling for it but in music you need to get everything sounding like one whole piece. Had you executed it a little better i would have given you a way higher score, but this just isn't something I can imagine someone listening to.

2/5 Work on your technical skills ;)

MysteriousPresence responds:

Well thank you very much for those good tips ! =3
I think I'm gonna stop making experimental things on GarageBand because it's just not good (or at least I'm the only one on earth who likes it XD) !
I think I'm gonna stick to my Orchestral-House style ! =3
Thanks again ! Hope you'll like the next ones better ! :P

Untitled Untitled

gorgeous, I'm no visual artist but I think it would enhance the piece if you would put a bit more contour on everything so it looks a little sharper