Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep) Karaplex - Heartburn (Melodic Dubstep)

I feel the birds are too loud/dont fit in sometimes. But this song is just beautifully made! :) Punchy drums and funky chords really go well together.

good job!

Oh My God What's Going On With My Mind ? Oh My God What's Going On With My Mind ?

Hi there,

This song could have been interesting, it just seems that you couldn't cover the technical side of things very well. The weird sounds that come in from time to time (like the pop and "wheeaw" at 0:37) don't fit very well with your soundscape. Try to use eq and compression as well as reverb and distortion to make everything fit a little nicer together. It just sounds like a sound collage to me. your distorted guitar sound sticks out so much its very hard to listen to. I think you wanted to get a glichy feeling for it but in music you need to get everything sounding like one whole piece. Had you executed it a little better i would have given you a way higher score, but this just isn't something I can imagine someone listening to.

2/5 Work on your technical skills ;)

MysteriousPresence responds:

Well thank you very much for those good tips ! =3
I think I'm gonna stop making experimental things on GarageBand because it's just not good (or at least I'm the only one on earth who likes it XD) !
I think I'm gonna stick to my Orchestral-House style ! =3
Thanks again ! Hope you'll like the next ones better ! :P

tNv "Starfall" tNv "Starfall"

Hi there,

first off, I'm not trying to be rude or anything just trying to give criticism to your work.

So now that we got that out of the way let's start:

You intro sounds quite interesting the arp melody is nice and pleasant and sort of catchy. But as soon as the riser/whitenoize kicks in it instantly downgrades your soundscape (for me anyways). It sounds way too unedited and boring. Try to use something thats a little more fitting to the mood you created.

In the next part your Drums have reverb on them, which with all that compression you put on it just sounds like you would have recorded them in a bucket. You also changed the mood totally from what it was before. The synth that comes in with the drums is also very raw and doesn't sound very rich and professional. The riser problem continues with the sweep down you do at the start of your break. The strings in the are badly eqed and kind of pierce my ears a bit. Also you dont have a buildup infront of your first drop where the sawy bass synth comes in which doesn't excite the listener much. It doesn't really have a lot of impact. The drum part afterwards again has the same problem with the reverb. It just sounds shabby.

You have a lot of variety in this song though, try to piece it together a bit better and you could create something a lot nicer. Work on your sounddesign or use and tweak (dont forget to tweak) presets to give it a more professional sound. Learn how to create a fitting buildup for your drops and how to structure them. It's all out there with tutorials on youtube for example.

So to conclude, you had some nice ideas like with the intro arp, but you failed to put it all in a fitting context and didn't engineer your sounds to my liking.

2,5/5

tNava responds:

Thanks for the constructive criticism. The reason that it isn't professional is because it is made on mobile, which limits my abilities. Hopefully I will use music software such as FL Studio soon.

Untitled Untitled

gorgeous, I'm no visual artist but I think it would enhance the piece if you would put a bit more contour on everything so it looks a little sharper